Friday, October 2, 2009

David Letterman Reveals Extortion Attempt

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
"Late Show" host David Letterman acknowledged on his show Thursday night that he'd had sexual relations with members of his staff and that he revealed those liaisons during grand jury testimony for a case involving an attempted extortion.

"I have a little story that I'd like to tell you," Letterman said as he launched into his revelation.

"This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman told his audience. "I had to go downtown to testify before the grand jury" and "tell them all of the creepy things that I've done."

The 62-year-old funnyman said he received a package three weeks ago from a person who claimed to have information about Letterman's sexual dalliances, ultimately demanding $2 million to prevent public revelation.

Letterman said he went to the Manhattan District Attorney's office, which conducted an investigation and an arrest was made earlier in the day.

No comments: