Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dumb things said in an interview

Working in HR, I have had my fair share of stupid things said during an interview...some of these are close:

"I'm not wanted in this state."

"How many young women work here?"

"I didn't steal it; I just borrowed it."

"You touch somebody and they call it sexual harassment!"

"I've never heard such a stupid question."

Believe it or not, the above statements weren't overhead in bars or random conversations -- they were said in job interviews.

I especially like this one:
"[He said] 'Well, as you can see, I'm a young, virile man and I'm single -- if you ladies know what I'm saying.' Then he looked at one of the fair-haired board members and said, 'I particularly like blondes.'"

I had a similar situation happen. A guy was rocking back and forth in his chair, making moaning sounds and saying, "baby, you fiiiiine".

I called security.

No comments: